Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh Love

Oh love!  Would it be fair to love you so 
as you know not where my heart’s desires lie?

Alone with the night, I am ever awake 
climbing a dream like a skilled mountaineer 
with reaching hopes; I live to love and
love to live your blues. And the world
is undoubtedly bluest at daylight’s break.  

You hold the world in your palm, spin it
on your finger.  Yet, I shan't overlook 
your ambiguous words and un-tucked whims. 

You mustn't talk foolishly whilst I lean  
even more awkwardly forward, steadfast
and right.  If you only seek possibilities 
but nothing more, don’t despair; 
I will forever be tender-hearted –
forgo temptations to breathe without you –.

My disobedience of reason will endure.
And the consumption of my heart, my soul,
shall fare to seek remedy from your embrace. 

©  2012 Helena Malheur
D.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome constructive critisism; I am not fragile so go for it -- tell me what you really think!