Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happiness Is

Happiness is to see you,
To feel your hands around my face,
Your eyes holding my gaze for
Longer than I remember to breathe;
It is to sense fragility in your eyes.

Happiness is to hear you,
To hear my heart rising and falling,
Its fast rhythm pulsating 
With the sound of your voice;
It is to never need to speak. 

Happiness is to feel you,
To be nestled in the curves 
Of your arms, the strands of my hair
Stretched out on your chest;
It is to be in the comfort of silence.

Happiness is to know you,
To trust your heart, to be brave 
Enough to say I am yours. It is
To have you as my waking thought 
And my goodnight kiss.

© 2014 Helena Malheur



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome constructive critisism; I am not fragile so go for it -- tell me what you really think!