Sunday, September 30, 2012

The lost gather upon your road

The lost gather upon your road
and raise their arms in supplication;
but there are others who surrender
to their raw needs as desperation
heightens the urgency.

I’m always steps away from calling
but something keeps pulling me back;
I see your porch light is always on,
waiting for me to come home.
I won’t disappoint you this time, father.

I’ve hesitated one too many times
as I approached your gate,
for fear that I am no longer pure;
I had strayed for so long.

I am like a worldly ghost
looking to escape a shadow
that keeps trailing me.
Let your light shine upon my path;
and let it be seen far and wide. 

Helena Malheur 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome constructive critisism; I am not fragile so go for it -- tell me what you really think!